Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Little things in life!

Sometimes I think how blessed I am to live in the time I do as far as appliances go. I'm certainly glad someone invented the washer and dryer you and I have today. So, as I was going to write about this; I thought, well, I'll just "Google" it and see when it came about. So, here ya go.

WHAT A NICE BDAY PRESENT!

In 1874, William Blackstone of Indiana built a birthday present for his wife. It was a machine which removed and washed away dirt from clothes. The first washing machines designed for convenient use in the home.

Mighty Thor
The Thor was the first electric-powered washing machine. Introduced in 1908 by the Hurley Machine Company of Chicago, Illinois, the Thor washing machine was invented Alva J. Fisher. The Thor was a drum type washng machine with a galvanized tub and an electric motor. A patent was issued on August 9th 1910.

You're probably thinking "wow, Stacey has a lot of time on her hands." Somewhat true, but then again, I quite often think about how God has blessed me in all areas of life and how much I take for granted every day!

No comments: